Friday, May 1, 2009

Schall goes 100% Raw for May - Day 1

Reality check! So here we are at day 1. I have been eating a lot of cooked congesting food lately and I have gained weight, lost energy, lost mental clarity, I feel bloated and congested and my joints are hurting. I am experiencing some headaches too. So, I know how to fix this.....Go RAW baby Go RAW!

Stats:
130 lbs (yuck!)
bloaty tummy that looks like a muffin top (girls this is NOT a sexy look so stop it!) hard to get in my jeans!
My skin is dry
joints are hurting
back and neck are hurting
a few headaches
where is my endless energy??
mental - what was I just saying??

What I ate today:
12 oz Juice of 5 valencia oranges
12 oz water with my Juice Plus http://www.rawfoodjuiceplus.com
16 oz vanilla almond milk with a banana and a little agave
Lg green salad with half head of red leaf lettuce, a lg handful of baby greens, half an avocado and the tahini dressing that Ben makes here at Vod
16 oz chocolate almond milk with dates, agave, and a few drops of orange oil
(will amend post at the end of the day to include whatever else I eat)
made a fruit salad with 7 strawberries sliced, a sliced banana, 1/4 cup of our vodobbler filling 2 TB of our vodobbler topping, 3/4 cup almond milk - it was gooood!
puddin'= 1/2 navel oranges and half a banana pureed in the food processor topped it with about 4 walnuts

RESOURCES:
http://www.ecopolitan.com
they have a 7 day menu planner and a lecture series for free. the founder is Dr. Adiel Tel-Oren and he will be speaking in Reno on May 30th
The lecture will be held at the River School 7777 White Fir St. Reno, NV on May 30th at 1:00 pm (come a few minutes early) it is free to attend as well.

Our Tahini dressing:
1.5 cup water
1.5 cup wheat free tamari
1 cup tahini butter
3/4 cup agave
1/2 cup olive oil
6 TB lemon Juice
6 cloves garlic

Blend all ingredients in a blender - store in the refrigerator for several weeks.

Create a FABULOUS MAY!

4 comments:

  1. I'm coming over tonight after work!

    Have been wanting to try raw foods -- besides the usual fruits, carrots and celery, etc. -- and see what this new trend is about.

    Maybe you'll have recipes? I guess a cook book is out of the question :) ~~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can count me in, I will be following you. I need to get back on track too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could sign it. I feel exactly like you Schall. Loss of energy, bad skin, painfull joints, neck is hurting.
    I mean we are twins ;-))
    I wish all of of to getting back on track. All what we need is motivation.
    Cheers
    Nelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let everyone know that Schall's Vodsagna is delicious! I was full after dinner just like after eating cooked lasagna (whether traditional or vegetarian) but I had lots of energy for the rest of the evening. Thanks Schall - I appreciate your input and as I make out my menu and grocery list, will be including raw selections for each day. ~~Lynn

    ReplyDelete