Friday, May 8, 2009

Schall 100% Raw - Day 7

Feeling GREAT!

Those processed carbohydrates really are like glue. Now that I am eating so clean I can really feel the difference. It's like I teach in class - it is very subtle how good you can feel and you can really take it for granted (GUILTY!!) the opposite is also true - you can be feeling unhealthy without paying attention to it.

I feel like I need to clarify some things here because of an email I received yesterday. First of all I gained 12 pounds on my latte and pumpkin loaf kick (it lasted for a few months). Most people would have looked at me and seen a HEALTHY person. So it comes back to why I started this in the first place. I want VIBRANT HEALTH. I want the kind of health where I can go all day and night without feeling fatigued. The kind of health where you feel strong and alive. The kind of health where you can literally feel the energy of your own body. Where you know you will be living a long healthy full life. I have experienced those things in the past and the food I ate recently took it away.

I know enough now to realize that a person doesn't need to eat 100% raw to experience that kind of health or longevity. It isn't really about cooked vs raw for me anymore. For example: french fries vs steamed broccoli or pizza vs steamed quinoa are completely different values.

What I have learned to avoid are:
Processed carbohydrates
refined sugars
oils
Dairy (perhaps raw goat products in moderation would be a good substitute - goat milk more closely resembles human milk)
Unnatural meats (wild fish in moderation again would be acceptable - I do believe that humans are meant to eat some flesh - but in these times that decision has to be tempered with ethics.)

So with that I will get back to what I am eating on my detox diet of 100% raw foods:
Yesterday the 7th I ate:
16 oz dark green juice with apple, lot's of kale, celery, and lime
3 cups fruit salad with banana, orange, avocado, apple cobbler, almond milk
16 oz cashew hemp cacao milk
16 oz bottled water (was at a night club)
I was hungry but it was the kind of hunger you can enjoy a little because you know you are giving your body a rest.

Let's give this a little perspective:
I ate the nutrition of:
kale
Celery
apple
Lime
banana
orange
avocado
almonds
hemp seeds
cashews
cacao

That's 11 different plant foods in one day. If I had remembered to take my Juice Plus it would have been upped by nearly 20 more!

Variety is REALLY important here!

No comments:

Post a Comment