Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Schall 100% Raw - Day 5

I didn't feel much like eating yesterday...got really busy!

Started the day with about 14 oz of juice - 3 apples, 4 stalks celery, 1/2 lime and some water
Juice plus in water www.rawfoodjuiceplus.com
Had another cashew chocolate milk with banana slices
12 oz oj with banana slices
Made a big fruit salad with apple, mango, strawberry, banana, avocado, orange, some vodobbler, and some almond milk. I ate about 3 1/2 cups of the stuff. It was really good -- really really good! I think the avocado is a great way to offset the sweet.

I have started posting what I eat on the following day so that I get everything listed in one post.

Had a bit of a headache this morning but it cleared up with liquids (will post it all for you tomorrow)

Now I am in super creative mode..can't wait to share this idea with all of you when I get it all worked out.

Many of you have sent encouraging emails about me "getting back on track" etc. first of all...THANKS!!! and I send lot's of encouragement for you to get your diet in a comfortable place. I also want to share that I am doing this simply because raw foods are detoxing and it will break the cycle of addiction to the darn pumpkin loaf (my mind keeps trying to think of something raw that will offer that texture and taste).

I am in the process of re-designing my diet and it won't be 100% raw a 100% of the time. It just won't include any processed carbohydrates, refined sugar, or dairy. I may eat wild fish once a week... not sure. Most of the food I want to eat will be raw produce. I may include some rice and legumes, and baked or steamed sweet potatoes. I have come to realize over the years that it isn't just raw vs cooked - it is that much of the cooked food we choose is over processed junk that has a negative value and that we just don't eat enough fruits and vegetables.

Eating enough fruits and vegetables is hard to accomplish, 7-13 servings in one day! Plus even when we eat organic it wasn't allowed to ripen for full potency. Our food delivery system is in a bit of a mess.

Still losing weight. But, darn that pooch on my tummy! See what processed carbs, refined sugar, and dairy will do......and very quickly.

I also realized that my thoughts played a big part. As soon as I started to gain some weight I began to verbalize that I was getting "fat" kept saying it aloud to Dave and complaining about it (hmmm....still took a while to STOP EATING THE JUNK) the funny thing is that years ago when I was 40 pounds overweight, as soon as ZI started to lose some weight I was verbalizing that "I LOVE BEING SKINNY" and even as I would say it I knew intellectually that I wasn't yet "skinny". the sentiment was there and I lost weight very fast.

I know that my battle with weight in my 30's and early 40's was very minor compared to what others have gone through, but I also feel that I was lucky to discover raw foods - BEFORE it got way out of hand.

I know some of you are struggling with weight right now and I want to share some things I found online today: www.gabrielmethod.com - I am going to purchase it and see what it is about, it looks like he handles the thought and emotional processes around food. Also there is a book out called "The end of overeating" written by a previous FDA Doctor. There is an interview with him on www.huffingtonpost.com that you can look up. Again, he talks about the mind and brain and what happens around food.

today was a good day...still raw and will post my day 6 food tomorrow.

Create a FABULOUS night

No comments:

Post a Comment